Saturday, January 23, 2010

CWP Memories

Thanks to an initiative by Gail Vanstone, the digital archives of the Canadian Writers in Person reading series is now online at Artmob featuring both readings and Q&A sessions from dozens of Canadian authors.

I was the coordinator of the 2007-2008 series which included visits from Christian Bok, a. rawlings, Heather O'Neill, Karen Hines, Steven Heighton, RM Vaughan, and many others. Running the series meant that I also operated the video camera on the evenings of the readings (when I remembered to charge the camera's batteries--which is why George Elliott Clarke's wonderful performance is missing from the archive).

I was invited to read at the series a few years before I hosted, and my reading (primarily from American Standard/ Canada Dry) and Q&A is also up here.